Friday, July 30, 2010

Friday Funnies (Valley Hospital -- pilot)

In honor of Friday Funnies, I have requested the ladies from 2 Girls on a bench to visit. Lest I detract from their awesomeness, I will turn it over to them ....

The Two Girls on a Bench have decided to start branching out and writing pilot ideas.  We are so excited to be invited by Nurse's Notes to do a guest blog.

Since we're not anywhere close to being able to understand what it must be like to be a nurse or anything involving math or science (yes we are a sad female cliche only strong in the humanities) we have decided to pay homage to all nurses with the following sitcom pilot idea.  Please note that in this sitcom all the nurses look like regular woman and all the men look like GQ supermodels.

TRICIA
Yeah, I like that, it's like Grey's Anatomy, but different. 

SIANA
Yeah, not really, but whatever you say.  What should we call our sitcom?

TRICIA
We should do like a play on words, like the show "House" but we can call it "Shack".

SIANA
Wait, what?  Oh, I get it, a "shack", that's so dumb, I can't even tell you how dumb that is, I'm speechless.

TRICIA
Shut up and let's just call it Valley Hospital.

SIANA
Ok, I like it, sound like General Hospital but with our own spin on it.

TRICIA
Exactly.
  
VALLEY HOSPITAL - PILOT

It's an ordinary day at the Van Nuys Valley Hospital.  The sounds of clinking carts and people pacing back and forth hurriedly saving lives clutters the hallway with activity.  JOANIE, a beautiful 30 something nurse with a true woman's body, sarcastic sense of humor and love of civil rights, walks down the hall with a premature baby in one hand, a box of donuts tucked under her arm and carries a cooler with a lifesaving kidney transplant donation.

JOANIE
Lila, get this baby into an incubator!  Susan, get this kidney to the surgeon!  Joe, get these donuts into the break room stat!

JOE, an unsuspecting strikingly good looking young man takes the donuts without delay.

JOE
I've got it covered, would you like some coffee?  I know you just worked a double shift.

JOANIE
Thanks sweetie.

JOE
One Splenda and a dash of cinnamon?

JOANIE
You got it, what would I do without an assistant like you?

Joe runs off to get Joanie's coffee.  Joanie heads to the nurses station to make sure the hospital is running in tip top shape.

SEAN, the handsome 40 something chief of surgery, stands at the nurses station waiting for Joanie.

SEAN
So, are you going to accept the Nurse of the Year Award this year or are you going to turn it down like you do every year?

JOANIE
You know I don't have time for that silliness, I've got lives to save here Sean!

SEAN
Just think about it Joanie, it would be good for the hospital.

JOANIE
Oh Sean, when are you going to learn that there's more to life than awards and prestige.

SEAN
When you say you'll marry me?

JOANIE
Oh get back to work!

As Joanie and Sean laugh, a code red alert sounds and they rush down the hallway to revive an elderly man.



Visit our blog: www.2girlsonabench.com
Follow us on Twitter: @2girlsonabench

7 comments:

  1. Wow what a hilarious script, someone should hire these girls to write for TV! :) Thanks Nurse's Notes for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I'd watch it!! Regular chicks that don't make the rest of us feel inferior while still supplying all the yummy male eye candy?? OH YEAH BABY! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies ~ thanks for visiting! I'm with CTM, I'd watch it ... has Gray's Anatomy beat!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammy,
    I love your blog, and the humor you have incorporated...I know I will back time and time again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following you now from Mom Loop on blog frog! :) So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Following from mom loop and found the repartee extremely funny! As a humanities girl, I can relate.
    Best,
    Eliz

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hopped over from Blog Frog and Mom Loop Friday. Enjoyed your posts very much, like your humor.

    ReplyDelete