Thursday, August 19, 2010

Thursday Throw-together

Aack, I thought the manic Monday was supposed to end on Monday. Guess not. Le sigh.  Ok, here's the skinny.  I know you can't wait to read all about it!!

I'm on the computer this AM, merrily checking my e-mail, Twitter, etc.  Then, blue screen.  That's all. Yikes.  Ok, no big deal, just a glitch. Right?? So I shut down, restart & run a scan.  About 2 minutes into the scan. Boom!! No blue screen but ... TOTAL SHUT DOWN!!! What is going on?!?! OK, still no reason to panic.  I have to go to the university to pick up books for the fall semester; I'll have the guys in the computer check it.  They know so much more about this than I do. Right?

Wrong.  I am at the moment sitting in the computer lab, running a second scan with Avast antivirus.  I ran the first scan with Norton (btw, this is also what caused the total shutdown earlier. Word to all the Norton users), which ran in no time & showed no viruses.  OK. So the computer guy says "it was probably just a thing". A thing!!! What in the world is a "thing"?!?! BTW, the Avast scan has been running for 10 minutes & is only 9% complete.  Why was the Norton scan so quick?

So, with that said, I am frantically typing away to get this post up before my computer freaks again.  If I vanish into the nether regions of the cyberworld, you'll know why.

So, how's your week?  Are you have any similarly exciting events happening?

No comments:

Post a Comment