Thursday, June 24, 2010

Growing up

Yep, it's official.  My baby boy is growing up.  Today is his 16th birthday.  I remember him "driving" his L'il Tykes car & now he can drive for real.  The day was bittersweet for me.  Kinda made me teary remembering all the little boy stuff he did, sweet watching him mature into an awesome young man (testosterone rages aside, lol). 

Mushy stuff over ...

He had a humongous chocolate cupcake for breakfast; compliments of chocoholic momma.  He didn't really want to do anything special (in spite of my nagging encouraging); just hung out around the house & played xBox live games with his peeps.  He was so sweet to DD who had to dispense the gifts, one at a time ... very slowly.  Told me the Cadillac Escalade (HotWheels) was not funny as he laughed.  Enjoyed his little sis's gift of Skittles & then played basketball with her for a bit. Then we went out to dinner, the end.

It's moments like these that keep me from justifiable homicide when he turns into Mr T (of Testosterone: Terrific or Terrible post)! LOL. 

1 comment:

  1. I've really appreciated your advice on Twitter & I'm enjoying reading your blog! I gave you a blog award today!

    http://www.ingenuemom.com/2010/06/who-me.html

    ReplyDelete